Tuesday 29 March 2011

Class Evalutation - "Withdrawal"

Once I had handed in my opening title sequence, I was able to get some feedback from the class so that I could find out what people liked and disliked about the sequene. Before watching it I was nervous about what my class might think, however I was excited to see the overall result of my film up on the big screen. We watched Withdrawal through twice so that everyone was able to evaluate the sequence in detail. Once it was played twice everyone wrote down their own thoughts on the film and handed them back to me. When first looking at the class feedback I was a little disappointed because a lot of people said they thought the voice over was too complex and theres a lot to take in which they found difficult. Furthermore this is my aim as I wanted to create a detailed monologue that my target audience can listen to carefully and think about what's being said rather than it being straight forward and really easy to understand. Therefore I believe there are good and bad sides to this and I took into consideration different peoples thoughts opinions. On the other hand many people enjoyed different parts of the film, including the variety of shots and editing used. One group enjoyed the build up of the music and said that it had a big impact on the film. Another group mentioned the editing and said they enjoyed the shots of the character moving around in the room whilst the lights are flashing and the pace of the sequence is fast and quite creepy. A few members of the class stated they enjoyed the suspense which was created when the protagonist walks past the dead body as it plays with your mind, just like psychological thrillers are meant to.

No comments:

Post a Comment